NEW IN: Discount Shopping: Bobbi Brown & MAC

Today I visited the York Designer Outlet where there is an amazing discount store, The Cosmetics Company Store.  Needles to say I picked up a few things...

Bobbie Brown Eyeshadow

MAC Eye Shadow - Cut To Fit
A gorgeous red-bronze toned shadow from last years Pret-A-Papier collection.  I'd compare this to a lighter version of the popular Antiqued by MAC.

Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow Palette

Bobbi Brown Color Strips Palette
This fab little palette will be perfect for carrying my handbag as it's an amazing compact and durable design.  In the discount store the empty palette itself was only £3.50 and came with a mini dual ended lip and eye shadow brush.  There were a number of lip colour strips available but I decided to to select two eyeshadow strips to go into my palette; the Bonfire Eye Shadow Strip (top) and the Petal Eye Shadow Strip (bottom).

Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow

Bonfire Eye Shadow Strip
(L-R) Bone (matte), Cafe Creme (sparkle), Bonfire (metallic), Cognac (metallic), Caviar (matte).
These colours are my absolute favourite shades to wear as I love the gold-bronzey look.  Bone looks slightly lighter in the picture than it is in real life (see the above picture for a comparison) but it's the perfect staple off-white to use as a base and to highlight the brow bone.  Cafe Creme is an absolutely stunning sheer and subtly sparkly lilac-silver.  Bonfire is an incredibly rich golder than gold shade - gorgeous!  Cognac, perhaps my favourite, is actually a deeper, more mahogany version of MAC's Cut To Fit that I bought separately, they will actually work really well together to produce shading and depth to a look.  Finally Caviar, another staple colour, is a great matte black that's always handy to have close by!

Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow

Petal Eye Shadow Strip
(L-R) Ivory (matte), Gold Rush (Sparkle), Petal (matte), Heather Mauve (shimmer), Mahoganay (matte).
Ivory again is a staple bright white, I don't often use such white eye shadows but this would be great to high-light the inner corner of the eye.  Gold Rush is an absolutely stunning shadow that could add that subtle shimmer to any look.  I think the pretty pink Petal will be the least used colour in this palette but it's not particularly bright so I'll probably use this as a highlight or to brighten the inner corners.  Heather Mauve is a lovely slightly more silver, slightly less sparkly version Cafe Creme, above.  The final shade in the Petal palette is a great and versatile matte dark brown, Mahogany.


As is customary with all purchases I make, I like to try them out straight away, so I thought I'd add a picture of what I created with these new shadows... please ignore the bad lighting and bad photography, the pictures were taken this evening on my iPhone!


How I created this look:
Mac Cut To Fit all over the lid, bringing it to just below the eyebrows and running it below the lower lashes.
Bobbi Brown Bone as a highlight below the eyebrows and as a base in the inner corner of the eye.
Bobbie Brown Heather Mauve layered with Bobbie Brown Cafe Creme on top on the inner half of the lid.
Bobbie Brown Gold Rush in the inner corner of the eye.
MAC Black Track to line the upper lashes.
Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon in Black along the water and tight lines.
Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara in Black.
Mix Bobbie Brown Caviar and Mahogany to fill in eyebrows.


This look was actually inspired by Jennifer Lopez's make up at the American Idol Finalist Party.  Although her outfit was a little random, her make-up looked stunning as usual.  Check out the pictures here.

Please note, that because these were from a discount store and so from old collections (both I think are spring 2010) they're are probably no longer available in the MAC and Bobbi Brown current lines, but check out their websites for similar shades.


Share:

2 comments

  1. So much pretty stuff in this post! Makes me wanna play with it all.

    xx Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you got quite the deal!!

    Love all the shadow colours - bobby brown is amazing...

    great blog hun, following you now!

    Hope you'll come visit :)

    xx

    www.ericawark.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!