My Best Dressed: The Oscars 2011

 I really had a hard time narrowing down my best dressed from this years Oscars!
So I decided actually to not narrow down my list any further and give all my top 9 a mention!

L-R: Michelle Williams, Cate Blanchett, Mandy Moore
Michelle Williams
Chanel
Michelle looked absolutely stunning in this chic and figure flattering Chanel gown.  With elegant beaded detailing, simply perfect make-up yet edgy pixie hair do and t-shirt style sleeves the her look was one of youth and freshness. 

Cate Blanchett
Givenchy
The love it or hate gown... and I love it!  I could have taken it without the yellow beads but this Spring 2011 Couture gown was one of the most on trend and fashion forward of the evening.  I absolutely adore the shape of the skirt and edginess of the capped sleeves.

Mandy Moore
Monique Lhuillier
Personally, Mandy Moore is someone that I generally passes me by as not particularly memorable, but she looked amazing in this nude 'spray on' sequinned dress.

L-R: Hilary Swank, Halle Berry, Scarlett Johansson
Hilary Swank
Gucci
Hilary looked a million dollars in this gown that combined the oh-so popular metallics of the Grammys with a stunning feather train.

Halle Berry
Marchesa
It's very rare that you see Halle Berry looking anything short of stunning, and of course she did again at this years Oscars.  I'd have preferred a little less train, it remained me of a wedding veil - and come to think of it, added that small touch of big fat gypsy wedding to this otherwise stunning gown.  However, diamond detailing and nude colouring complemented Halle perfectly.

Scarlett Johansson
Dolce & Gabbana
I'm absolutely in love with lace at the moment and though I can see why this D&G gown could be a bit over-kill on that front for some people, I think that Scarlett looks great!  The plum colouring contrasts perfectly against her ivory skin-tone and the cut across the neckline and shoulders is incredibly classic and elegant.

L-R: Rhea Durham, Amy Adams, Annette Bening
Rhea Durham
Naeen Khan
This Naeem Khan is one of my absolute favourites from the Oscars.  It really wouldn't have been out of place at last weeks London Fashion Week.  The red wrap round maxi skirt is very much on trend and contrasting amazingly with the nude off the shoulder top.  Love it!!

Amy Adams
L'Wren Scott
From what I've read Amy hasn't much love in this gown, other than acknowledging her amazing figure post-baby.  Again were are seeing the capped sleeves that were incredibly popular on the evening and the colour is stunning.  I just think the dress would have shone  a lot brighter on it's own rather than layered with a rather fussy necklace.

Annette Bening
Naeen Khan
I was so happy to see an 'older' women look as stunning as Annette Bening did in this second Naeen Khan gown featured in my best dressed list!  The sparkling gun-metal dress showed off Annette's fabulous figure, no wonder she's absolutely beaming in this picture!

Who was your best dressed from the Oscars?  Let me know in the comments below!


All images are either AP Photo or Getty Images from here

Share:

1 comments

  1. I think Cate Blanchett was my favourite, I LOVE the dress. She looks so beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!