Meadowhall Blogger Style School






When an e-mail from the fabulous Bethanie Lunn, author and Meadowhall's fashion & beauty expert, landed in my mailbox with an invite to a Blogger Style School, I was not only very excited about a day jammed packed with tutorials and insider tips from top make-up brands, but also the prospect of an event up north!  Sheffield's Meadowhall is a massive shopping centre, so Bethanie had plenty of amazing beauty brands to keep us occupied on our tour of what the centre has to offer.

We started the day bright and early, so of course, headed straight to Starbucks for a much needed coffee and muffin, and an opportunity to have a proper get to know you with my follow bloggers Hayley (Plaid & Lace), Nicky (Nicky Valentine), Claire (Jazzpad), Rose (Mixed Gems) and Katie (Pouting In Heels).

Our first stop was No7 at Boots.  While a make-up artist demonstrated the bright lips and smokey eyes look on Nicky, Caroline talked us through the history of this well know British brand, some of their most famous products (we all remember the queues for the clinically proven serum Protect & Perfect!), as well as introducing us to newer products.  No7 is a brand that I've enjoyed for some time, aided by the regular £5 off vouchers, so I was very excited to receive a goody bag containing lots of fabulous goodies to try!  I'm most excited about the beautiful new Poppy King Lip Crayons and Beautiful Skin BB Cream.  Keep an eye out for lots of reviews coming soon!

While in Boots we were also introduced to their 'latest finds' stand, something that you can find nationwide but I've never noticed before in stores myself!  It's definitely worth checking out next time you're in the store, I'm going to be going back to check out Peptalash, for longer fuller lashes, and imPRESS, amazing press on nail polish!

From Boots it was straight to Debenhams where the wonderful Glen was waiting for us at the Illamasqua stand.  I have to admit that Illamasqua is a brand I've never tried.  Perhaps as make-up for your alter ego, the colours and collection images always seem a bit too 'out there' for me... demonstrated by the very daring make-up lady wearing green eyeshadow, bright cheeks and turquoise lips!  Glen however proved with a quick tutorial on Rose that the brand could be very diverse, I fell in love with the Sophie-i technique, don't you think Rose's eye's looked great!!

Our final stop was House of Fraser and the Bellapierre counter, where I was exposed to even more beauty newness!  Bellapierre is a natural and organic mineral make-up company with the message that their make-up enhances natural beauty by diminishing fine lines and imperfections, creating a more youthful appearance over time.  Joanne talked us through the Bellapierre range, where one product acts as a foundation, concealer and powder!  Also, did you know these amazing pigments can be used as eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, blusher, highlight and even a nail polish?  Just add water, lipbalm or clear nail polish!

After a very tasty, and very filling spinach and lentil burger at the Handmade Burger Co. it was time for us bloggers to put all that we had learnt into practice with a challenge back at Bellapierre.  Nervously, we recreated the 'Marilyn' make-up look with a flawless face, champagne eyeshadow, winged eyeliner and a bright lip... all in 10 minutes!  Cue the frantic make-up application pictures above!  Well, after a vote on the Meadowhall Facebook page, I was crowned the winner!!  I am now Meadowhall's Top Style Blogger for spring summer 2012! :)

Wow!  What a mammoth post!  I hope it's been worth the though, I'd especially like you to keep your eyes open for a giveaway!  As a thanks for everyones votes in the style challenge, I've been given lots of lovely goodies to giveaway from the three brands visited, and more, in our whirlwind tour of Meadowhall!  So stay tuned!


*Most images are my own but some were borrowed from the Meadowhall Facebook page :)



Share:

2 comments

  1. Wow that sounds like an amazing event and congrats on winning! it's so good it was up north too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shen! It was such a great day... be sure to check back soon, I'm holding a giveaway with some of the lovely goodies from the day! x

      Delete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!