REVIEW: Hydraluron Moisture Booster

Hydraluron Moisture Booster

I've mentioned before that my skin can become quite oily through what I assume (I've never been to a dermatologist!) is dehydration.  Despite the oiliness my skin often feels quite tight and dry.  So when a product hit the shelves that soon gained cult beauty status for solving this exact problem I was all over it!

I've owned the moisture booster for months and months now, and I'm so glad that I held out reviewing it straight away - like a lot of other beauty bloggers did - as it wouldn't have got a great review.  To say I was disappointed with this product was an understatement!  I was absolutely gutted with the reaction my skin had to the hyaluronic acid.  During the first few days I noticed no difference to my skin, but after 5 days or so my skin started to get really dry and a tiny bit flakey, particularly on my forehead and around my nose and mouth - something I've never really experienced before with having oily skin!

A pea sized amount covers the whole face nicely, and I wondered how such a small amount could have such a drastic effect on my skin.  So I bet you won't be surprised that I stopped using Hydraluron!  I only picked it up again when I researched other reviews, where I found that other users of the product had seen similar things happen with their skin, but that it soon balanced out.

I'd say I now use Hydraluron around 5 times a week, and as long as I also follow up with a serum and moisturiser, I don't experience andy tightness or dryness.  I haven't noticed that my skin is any more hydrated, despite the claim that hyaluronic acid can hold 1000x more water and so helps your skin more effectively absorb anything you put on top, however the texture of my skin does seem a little improved.


I don't think this is my imagination, but I'm certainly happy to continue using it!  Let me know if you would like an update in a few months time.



@charlcollection pinterest instagram e-mail me LOOKBOOK facebook bloglovin

Share:

2 comments

  1. Glad you've put this review up because I'm about to buy this and if this had have happened to me I'd have immediately stopped using it! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your post on it and I had the same problem!! but I kept using it and tbh I wasn't noticing anything about my skin that made me like WOW! but now that I've stopped using it I can only see a slight difference in my skins texture! its definitely a love hate thing! xxx
    Genna
    www.stylingnovice.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!