Products I've Used Up #2

Beauty Blog Review Products Used Up
I'm really pleased I've managed to finish quite a few products recently!  Not only because I've got so many more products waiting in the wings to take their place and be tried properly, but also because it means I'm in the best position to bring you guys an honest review!

It's probably a bit sad to say, but the product I've most enjoyed using out of this bunch was the Original Source Orange and Cinnamon shower gel!  Over Christmas I've been loving the traditional spiced scents... I wish they sold this seasonal Edition year round!  The other really great products from the group are the Avène Skin Recovery Cream (review) and the Bioderma Make-Up Remover (review).  I've repurchased these numerous times now - what more can I say!

A nice simple product, and very affordable, is the Neutrogena Hydrating Spot Treatment.  Though it wasn't always hydrating enough to serve as my sole moisturiser, it did feel like it was working hard trying to clear any breakouts.

The Clinique Moisture Surge was recommended to me by a Clinique lady - who first got me into thinking that my oily skin was due to dehydration.  This is lovely moisturiser, it did make my skin feel a lot more hydrated, it was as if my skin was just drinking it up.  It didn't prevent my skin from becoming oily however - which why I bought it, so I'll be trying other things for now, but the moisture surge is definitely something I'll pick up again in future.  The Clinique Pore Minimizer was also a good product.  A little goes a long way so this tiny tube actually lasted quite a while!  Similar to Benefit's Porefessional in texture and results, the only thing preventing me re-purchasing this (or Clinique's reformulated version) is the price!

Price is a big factor when it comes to my view on the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex.  I think the price was what put me off using this as often as I should have... it felt so lovely and soothing every time I applied it before bed, but because I saw it as a luxury I didn't apply it religiously and so didn't notice that much of a difference with my fine lines.  Doh!

There wasn't anything wrong with the Toni & Guy Frizz Smoothing Curl Conditioner.  I just didn't notice much more of a curl to my naturally wavy hair, and because I didn't find it moisturising enough to replace my usual conditioner, I just don't think it'll make it on to my re-purchase list. 

As for the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick SPF15, what can I say, it's a staple product that everyone should own - I've owned quite few and can't live without it, summer or winter! (Review)

Twitter  |  facebook  |  bloglovin'  |  LOOKBOOK  |  Instagram

Share:

2 comments

  1. Oooh that shower gel sound delicious, I'm the same with my Philosophy Cinnamon Buns one, though I think it would feel less special around Christmas time if I used it all year round. :)

    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo must try that! I know, part of me wants these seasonal scents all the time - but you're right, what makes them so special is using them just in winter time! :) x

      Delete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!