My Best Dressed: Cannes 2011 Part 2

The first week of The Cannes Film Festival 2011 was one of fabulous French weather and even more fabulous celebrity fashion.  Click here for my round up of the first five days.  Days six to eleven proved to be just as amazing.

Day Six:
Wendi Deng Murdoch


You know, Day Six was the least inspiring day for fashion at Cannes.  Yeah there were plenty of lovely dresses, but nothing that really stood out.  I picked Wendi Deng Murdoch as my best dressed because she's ticked all the boxes with this dress at the premier of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.  The neutral, feminine dress with beautiful embellishment detail was subtly given a bit of an edge with the black studded belt. Just lovely.

Day Seven:
Carine Roitfeld


The former French Vogue editor looked stunning in her signature colour of black.  I'm absolutely loving lace at the moment and Carine, with her amazing figure, proved she was still able to pull off this near on see-through dress.

Day Eight:
Kirsten Dunst in Chloe


The ultimate summer dress, Kirsten's mustard chiffon Chloe dress is modern yet timeless.  This colour looks amazing against Kirsten's pale skin and her red lipstick completes the look perfectly.  I absolutely love pleating at the moment and the length of the skirt is perfect for a day time look.

Day 9:
Gwen Stefani in a custom L.A.M.B gown


Rocking her own design, Gwen certainly knows what suits her figure, colouring and style.  The shape of this stunning sequinned gown really elongates Gwen's frame and I love the the smokey eye look she has gone for with her make-up, it really complements the style she's gone for with the dress.

Day Ten:
Zhang Ziyi in Dior


I'm such a sucker for a nice neautral gecian style gown, and Zhang Ziyi looked fabulous in this beautiful Dior number.  A sequinned top is always a winner at such events and its shape flatters Zhang's slender frame amazingly.  My favourite aspect of the dress is the layering of the stunning sheer maxi fabric over a just above the knee length skirt, a super feminie style that is currently being recreated on the highstreet, store over.


Closing Ceremony:
Uma Thurman in Armani Privé




How daring must you be to wear such a clingy dress?  Even better, how reassuring to know that even the likes of Uma Thurman need a little help from the good ol' spanx to hold everything in??... Yep, this electric blue doesn't let you hide much!  However Uma looked stunning,  head to toe in the most perfect blue colour of the moment, she looked ten feet tall in the Armani dress.  A perfect way to close the 2011 Cannes Film Festival with a bang!


I hope you've enjoyed my round up of My Best Dressed from Cannes.  Be sure to let me know what you think of my picks and tell me about your favourites from the fabulous fashion filled festival!


Share:

1 comments

  1. amazing dresses!!!!!! great post!
    you have a lot of interesting posts in your blog! Following you now!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!