Random Photo: Roman Amphorae {30 April 2011}

I haven't posted anything in my Random Photo series in a while so thought I'd choose this pretty picture to kick it off again...


Stunning amphorae found at a Roman shipwreck off the coast of Xlendi Bay, Gozo, Malta.

This picture was taken on my recent holiday to Gozo.  We decided to visit the lovely little Gozo Museum of Archaeology one afternoon after a lazy morning drinking coffee in a nearby square.  Situated in the sympathetically restored Casa Bondi, within the walls of the beautiful Citadel in Victoria, this quaint museum covers the life and culture of the tiny Mediterranean island of Gozo.  Having completed a degree in Ancient History and having a general love of anything historical, I could spend hours in museums...  The Gozo Museum of Archaeology however is small enough that even the boyfriend was happy to leisurely stroll round it, without complaining of boredom once!!





Share:

0 comments

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!