REVIEW: Avène Skin Recovery Cream Rich Formula

Eau Thermale Avène Hydrance Optimale Rich Blog Review



I've mentioned Avène a couple of times on my blog already, I'm such a fan!  The French pharmaceutical brand is geared towards sensitive skin - which is why I ended up trying the Avène Skin Recovery Cream.  When I was in Boots looking to pick up my usual repurchase of the Skin Recovery Cream, I spotted the Rich Formula version.

I'm going to be honest, I partly bought the rich formula to see what difference it would make to my skin... but mainly because it was the last on the shelf!  It was a panic buy I suppose, that if I don't try it now I probably won't get to try it in a while!

The most obvious difference between the rich formula and the original is the thickness of the cream itself - it's a lot thicker!  When it comes to treating the dry skin around my eyes (my main reason for using the cream) it works just as well - in as far as I found that, because the formula is so thick, I wasn't using it as much.  I would use the original formula day and night, when I felt I need it.  I would also use it all over my face when I fancied that extra hydration.  The thicker, rich formula just doesn't work for me in those ways though, it's just too heavy.  It's not to say that it won't be fine for others with drier skin, and for use on smaller dry or sensitive patches it works wonders, but with my oily skin the original formula just works better.

I feel bad, but I am looking forward to using up this tube up so that I can return the original!  However, in the meantime let me know if you've tried any of these in the comments below.


Twitter  |  facebook  |  bloglovin'  |  LOOKBOOK  |  Instagram

Share:

6 comments

  1. Complete beauty advice, product reviews, beauty tips, makeup samples, cosmetics and much more on beauty tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend loves this brand, I have never tried them! I'm not sure if it would be good for my type of skin! Still great review :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    How are you? I'm continually inspired through beauty, fashion, music and design. this is the link please follow my blog www.wengie.com
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sound lovely, need to give these a try! also i noticed you live in leeds too so that's exciting! x

    http://rachelkellis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    good post. I like Avene products and we sell it.

    Dr Adnan and sutpompasi.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort. You can visit my website.

    recovery collection

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and responding to your messages! Tell me what you think of this post in the comments below, or why not just say hello? If you've got a blog, leave me your link, I love finding new blogs to follow!